- Knowledge of project management methodologies, digital production and content marketing
- Comfortable working with diverse groups including in-house teams, internal and external stakeholders and/or outside vendors
- Described by clients as entrepreneurial-minded, creative, knowledgeable, flexible, capable and dependable
- Diverse industry experience including education, non-profit, marketing, advertising and association
- Experience in:
- full project life-cycle project management
- day-to-day website management
- production management and workflow
- stakeholder/vendor/project team communications and status reporting
- Ability to adapt to different situations quickly
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience making accurate project plans and managing them accordingly
- Mindful of clients’ expectations and able to keep them realistic and achievable
- Well-versed in follow-up and keeping the client & team informed of project status
- UX/visual design, content management, SEO, QA, UAT, web development and analytics
Ecotone Services, Inc. – Digital Strategist and Project Manager January 2001 – present
- Founder, Owner, Lead Digital Strategist and Project Manager
Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics – Digital Strategy Manager March 2018 – present
- Work with internal teams to generate new content and implement content strategy
- Edit content to maintain internal style guide, as well as optimal information architecture and usability
- Involvement in Web Accessibility Compliance, Google Analytics and Content Strategy for recent migration
Previous Consulting/Contract Experience: 2013 – 2018
Underwriters Laboratories – Digital Project Manager April 2017 – March 2018
As the Digital Project Manager for UL’s Digital Experience & Design group, I provide both leadership and guidance for the nine-member Digital Marketing team, as well as, project management services for other UL business units, including International & domestic UL stakeholders.
- Continuing improvement of intake process and project or task turn-around time and completeness so international and domestic stakeholders are served faster and more efficiently.
- Responsible for creation and management of detailed tasks & timelines, as well as, task monitoring, resource & vendor support and resolution of issues & conflicts.
Imagination Publishing – Digital Project Manager July 2016 – March 2017
American InterContinental University – Digital Project and Marketing Web Manager November 2014 – June 2016
- Simultaneously managed day-to-day maintenance and updates of AIU website as well as oversaw and directed the production of the new responsive website redesign project (www.aiuniv.edu).
- Acted as single point of contact for all stakeholders and team members including IT, compliance, regulatory operations, marketing, admissions, academics, SEO and outside vendors.
- Delivered creative/technical guidance at project initiation and throughout the production process.
Society of Actuaries – Digital Project Manager October 2013 – November 2014
- Worked with senior staff to coordinate internal resources and external vendors in the planning and execution of the redesign of SOA.org.
- Project involved new look & feel, attention to branding elements and planning for the content migration of up to 25,000 pages of various types of content.
- Participated in vendor selection, project planning, scheduling & tracking of deliverables as well as style tile, wireframe and interactive prototype design presentations and feedback sessions.
Previous fulltime positions: 2010 – 2013
Vanguard Technology, Inc. Chicago, IL October 2011 – March 2013
Client Project Manager – CMS, mobile/responsive, online communities and AMS integration services
- Managed 17 small to medium-sized website projects for nationally-known associations. Eleven of which were taken from initiation to completion.
- Responsible for client relations, project scope, timeline, production process and time & cost constraints.
- Collaborated with project team members in preparation of audience analysis, creative brief, site navigation, wireframes and creative layout & design.
United Online Schaumburg, IL March 2010 – October 2011
Campaign / Project Manager – Contract – online, incentive-based, loyalty program
- Managed production of direct marketing campaigns for email & web for local & national clients.
- Oversaw the creative assembly, targeting implementation, testing, launch and analysis of incentive-based marketing campaigns.
- Monitored campaigns to ensure all performance, quality, customer satisfaction & contractual goals are met.
Project management – Agile & Waterfall methodology processes
Clickup, Notion, Asana, MS Project, Teamwork, Intuit Quickbase, SmartSheet, Basecamp, Zoho, Trello, JIRA, Zendesk
CMS (Content editing)
Sitecore, WordPress (Avada and Astra theme & Elementor plugin), Podia, Carrd, Higher Logic, Sitefinity
Production (*Daily use)
MS Office Suite*, Google Suite* (incl. Adwords, Analytics), Sharepoint, Visio, Adobe Suites, MS Visual Studio TFS
Development (Working knowledge within projects) (*Hands-on)
Various Association Management Systems (AMS) – NetForum, Aptify, Avectra, MemberSuite, Personify
M.A. Mass Communication/Journalism, Drake University, Des Moines, IA
B.F.A. Graphic Design/Computer Graphics, Drake University, Des Moines, IA
Founder/Owner – Ecotone Services, Inc. – Since 1991
Who We Are:
Ecotone Services, Inc. celebrated its 20th year in business in 2021. We are located in Chicago and serve the digital needs of small and medium sized businesses. Yet we recently added, or you might say pivoted our outreach to the CeBe community. This community (Climate, Environment, Biodiversity & Equity) is a large, often silent but very powerful group of individuals that need to be heard. They tend to keep their heads down, do their work and don’t brag. But it’s now time for them to have a voice and we are here to help them.
What We Offer:
Through various digital platforms, personalized one-on-one professional service and a commitment to industry, societal and environmental standards we hope to engage and enhance this community’s sustainable online presence.
Our offerings to this audience include:
– Professional digital assistance, guidance & support
– Simple sites, Online learning & traditional WordPress with carbon-neutral theme options
– Sustainable design practices – fast, clean, secure & effective
– Flexible, moderate pricing
– Fast turn-around for simple or satellite sites
– Sustainable mindset and dedication
“Your days are long, and those projects are stacking up. If only you were able to work with someone who knows your style and how you work as well as you do. Perhaps a partner…a Digital Partner. That’s right, a “Digital Partner” – someone who understands you and works with you to complete digital tasks. You need someone who you can contact, explain your situation, express your goals for the project and then depend on them to complete that project or task just as you would.”
Recent Ecotone Websites:
Ecotone Digital Solutions